Dandenong/Cranbourne RSL Sub Branch, Dandenong
Card board box containing 3 individual envelopes (originally held 6) that hold one piece transparent plastic eye shield visors mounted on leather band with felt forehead comfort strip held by 3 staples. At the end of the leather band two lengths of black elastic material straps with one having a small hook and the other having small ring and when joined secure the shield to the wearers head. The elastic bands are secured to the leather using press studs which clip into two studs in the plastic visor to make the visor fit around the wearers face. The cardboard box is made of heavy duty cardboard with opening at one end to access the envelopes. The envelopes are beige manila type and not sealed.
Inscriptions & Markings
On cardboard Box a label - EYESHIELDS,ANTI-GAS, MK11
Action to be taken within ten minutes in the following order to prevent blisters--.
1. COTTON WASTE: Swab liquid off exposed skin.
2. OINTMENT: Rub hard on exposed skin for 1 minute.
3. EYESHIELD: Change.
4. CLOTHING: If detector shows large drops, remove or cut away as necessary. If cape "worn" swab off liquid. SMALL drops :no action.
5. OINTMENT: Rub on skin now exposed.
6. DETECTORS: If possible, remove and renew. (Tippet or Armlet).
7. WEAPONS: Decontaminate.
8. OINTMENT: Re-apply to hands.
A.F.A.& CO. 1941