Originally located on large oak reading table in the Rowden White Library until the end of 2003.
Replaced by brass versions made by Thomas Mintsenikos on 26th May 2004.
In 1938 Dr Alfred E. Rowden White contributed 1,000 pounds and his own personal book collection to the University of Melbourne Student Union to establish the library that still bears his name.
Rowden White's idea was that students should have access to materials beyond those prescribed for their courses. As Library Rule No. 7 stated, 'Except under exceptional circumstances, the room MUST NOT BE USED AS A WRITING ROOM'
One of two white plastic sign mounted on a wooden base with black lettering
Inscriptions & markings
Sign reads Please do not study.