Ithaca House, the home of the Ithacan Philanthropic Society, is located at 329 - 335 Elizabeth Street. The site was purchased in the mid 1950s to build the club rooms. The money for the venture was raised by the issue of non-redeemable 10 and 50 pound debentures to members. Nicholas Sofarnos, a young Ithacan architecture graduate, designed the building. Construction was completed in 1958. Up until 2020 Yamaha were long standing ground floor tenants. Prior to the building of Ithaca House, from 1917 up until 1958, the club rooms were located on the top floor of Michael's Building on the corner of Lonsdale and Elizabeth Streets.
The Ithacan Philanthropic Society has been a focal point initially for expatriate Ithacans and as the years have passed it holds many happy memories for Australian born Ithacans through the generations.
A coloured photograph of a three storey grey building in a city street with two cars being driven along the road. The Yamaha Motor Bicycle company occupies the ground floor, and in the adjacent building Honda motorbikes are sold. There are curtained windows across the width of the second floor and signage on the top floor windows indicates this level is used for social events such as receptions and dances.