Honour Board - KIllawarra State School
From the Collection of Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch 1 Victoria Parade Wangaratta Victoria
- Wooden Honour Board containing fifteen names listed in the centre surrounded by 11 numbered photographs.
- 71cmW x 97cmH
- killawarra state school, honour board ww1
- WW1 Killawarra State School 1914-1919 Honour Board contains the names and photographs of teachers and past students who enlisted for military service during World War 1.
Owen Francis Private 68800; William Francis Robertson,Sergeant 981/Lieutenant KIA 7/6/1917: Lubin James Robertson,MC and Croix de Guerre L/Cpl 980/Lieutenant; Christopher George Everitt 5882 Died of Wounds 26/4/1918; James Samuel Everitt 3319 KIA 18/7/1916; William John Rhodes 917, Henry Rhodes 2779, Robert Ernest Payne 5215,KIA 15/4/1918; Joseph Adams 10296, Albert Reginald Coppin 57084, Thomas Rhodes, Reserve - Enlisted 15/7/1915 did not embark - discharged medically unfit on 29/4/1916 due to meningitis and lumbago, Henry Sumpton 1827, James Joseph Kellow 6836, William Patrick Toohey 1750 and David William Quinton Clarke 44233 School Teacher Enlisted 15/5/1916 and discharged on 11/7/1916 due to urgent family reasons.
Robert "Ernie" PAYNE was a cousin to William,Henry and Thomas RHODES. The latter was 1 of 6 lives lost when they drowned in the disastrous floods of the Ovens and King Rivers on 7/6/1917.
- A timber and glass framed Honour Board containing 15 names and 11 black and white photographs of teachers and past students of Killawarra State School who enlisted for military service during World War 1. Following the closure of the school the Honor Board was donated to the Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch. In 2018 the community of Killawarra sought the loan of the Honour Board for display in the CFA/Community Hall.
- Top - "Killawarra State School/Roll of Honour/For King & Country"
Bottom - "The Great War 1914 to 1919"
- 16 Dec 2018 at 1:45PM