Assorted Papers - Comfort Fund
From the Collection of Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch 2-4 Templeton Street Wangaratta Victoria
- Typed and photocopied handwritten notes.
- comfort fund, wangaratta, ww2
- Wangaratta Comfort Fund final Meeting Report dated 18th December 1945 and 2 x Lists of Camouflage Nets sent to CWA Headquarters dated 24th and 31st of August 1943
2 x newspaper cuttings
3 page photocopy of handwritten notes dated 13th August 1941 detailing gift of Autoclave (medical apparatus) for use by the AIF presented by the then Mayor of Wangaratta Cr J F Dundas and President of the Wangaratta Branch of RSSILA Mr W Law
- circa 1940
- The ACF provided a source of comfort, support and encouragement for the troops abroad and offered a means for women at home to contribute to the war effort and identify with the men in the trenches. The ACF acted as a vital link between home and the battlefields. The Australian Comforts Fund officially closed on the 27th June 1946.
- Wangaratta Comforts Fund.
- 27 Jun 2020 at 2:19PM