Army Field Ration
From the Collection of Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch 1 Victoria Parade Wangaratta Victoria
- AMF Emergency Ration Pack Container
- 14.5cm long, 11cm wide, 2.5 cm deep
- ration, container, food, ring pull, emergency
- A field ration, combat ration or ration pack is a canned or pre-packaged meal, easily prepared and eaten, transported by military troops on the battlefield. They are distinguished from regular military rations by virtue of being designed for minimal preparation in the field, using canned, pre-cooked or freeze-dried foods, powdered beverage mixes and concentrated food bars, as well as for long shelf life.
- Most armies in the world today now field some form of pre-packaged combat ration, suitably tailored to meet national or ethnic tastes.
- On front: To open pull ring this way. Retain portion for handling contents when cooked. Gadden container
On back: AMF Emergency Ration. To be consumed only when no other rations of any kind are procurable. Consumption of this ration must be reported at first opportunity. Instructions for use are printed under cover of container and also on paper slip within can. Gadden container.
- 10 May 2019 at 5:57PM