Australian's Soldiers' Pocket Book - G.R. Sands
From the Collection of Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch 2-4 Templeton Street Wangaratta Victoria
- Small red book with plastic canvas cover with black writing.
- 8.5 cm wide, 12.5 cm high, 1 cm deep
- soldiers' pocket book, g. r. sands, australian comfort fund, ww2
- Pocket book belonging to G R Sands of Sea:Lake. These books were gifted to servicemen in WW2 by the Australian Comfort Fund
- An example of a small pocket book gifted by the Australian Comforts Fund (ACF) to soldiers and other servicemen during WW2. This pocket book has a bright red cover and was given as a morale boosting gift. The book contains details of relevant information considered useful to serving service personnel.
- On front cover: The Australian Soldiers' Pocket Book. Gift from The Australian Comforts Fund.
Inside written in blue ink: G.R. Sands 71023 Sgt. 401 Road Sea Lake Vic. NOK M.O Sands. DOB 2-1-23. Weight 12st 6lb. Height 6ft 4in.
- 13 Feb 2020 at 4:17PM