From the Collection of Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch 1 Victoria Parade Wangaratta Victoria
- White rectangular bi-fold card with window mounted embroidery of the colours and flags of different countries in the shape of 1918. Inside is glossy paper with decorative flowers and printed and handwritten messages. Bound with yellow ribbon.
- 13.5 x 10 cm
- wwi, postcard, embroidered postcard
- Embroidered post card made in France which reads to... W West from Worthy.
- c. 1918
- Embroidered silk postcards became a booming industry during the First World War that was largely driven by women. Many French women embroidered strips of silk in their homes before sending them to a factory to be mounted on card by a largely female production line. Designs endorsing patriotism and unity were popular amongst Allied troops.
- Front: "1918 / souvenir from France" (embroidered)
"Merry Christmas" (printed)
- 25 Jan 2019 at 4:28PM