Soldier's Pay Book
From the Collection of Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch 2-4 Templeton Street Wangaratta Victoria
- Yellow covered booklet with black writing and Crest in the middle of the cover.
- 15.5cm wide, 10cm long, 5mm deep
- wwii, world war 2, pay book, soldier's pay book, army pay book, john strobel green
- Soldier's Pay book continuation issued to John Strobel Green VX32816. Born at Wonthaggi on the 19/4/1913. These books were usually carried by the soldiers in their battle dress breast pocket. They note personal details, rate of pay and promotions, and the place in which the soldier was paid each fortnight – effectively plotting soldiers' movements in the Army. From the pay book GREEN enlisted in June 1940, at the age of 27, before embarking overseas on 5 February 1941 for the Middle East. Inside the rear cover are two photographs of GREEN. His mother Kate Green of Yallourn is listed as next of kin.
- Army No. VX32816. Pay Book No: C279807. Surname: Green. Christian Names: John Strobel. Unit: . Australian Military Forces. Soldier's Pay Book. Continuation.
- 13 May 2019 at 6:39PM