Architectural Drawing [copy] - 'Sir Malcolm D. McEacharn’ / by William Pitt
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive Kew Victoria
- 'Sir Malcolm D. McEacharn’, [Architectural drawings]. A set of architectural drawings of additions to Goathland (originally Byram, and later Goathland and Lowan). The drawings, by the architect William Pitt represent additions to the size of Goathland. Pitt had previously worked with the original architect of the house, Edward George Kilburn, of Ellerker & Kilburn, who had designed Byram for the industrialist George Ramsden in 1888. 'Lost Glories: a memorial to forgotten Australian buildings' was published by David Latta in 1986. It tells the story of a number of significant Australian buildings that had previously been demolished. A chapter in the book was devoted to Goathland, later known as Tara Hall. To supplement the text, he sourced photographs from a range of suppliers, chiefly the Royal Women's Hospital which had once owned Tara Hall, but had sold it in 1960. This is one of the photographs donated to KHS by the author.
- william pitt, byram, goathland, tara hall, lowan, studley park (kew), george ramsden, sir malcolm mceacharn, edward george kilburn (architect), studley park road (kew)
- 31 Mar 2020 at 10:32AM