Photograph - Public Works Street Maintenance, Gellibrand Street, Kew, 1970
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Public Works Street Maintenance, Gellibrand Street, Kew, Company supplied photograph of measuring a tree root in Gellibrand Street.
- general descaling, drains, gellibrand street (kew)
- General Descaling (Plumbers)
- The series from which the photograph is drawn provides a snapshot by a commercial photographic studio of specific street works in Kew as well as providing examples of public works infrastructure being commissioned by local government in the 1960s. The photos originally formed part of the Engineering Department's files in the City of Kew before being donated to the kew Historical Society.
- Inscribed above photo: "A tough dry root from a tree previously removed from alongside the drain. The root development inside the barrel had not caused the brick work to split. Gellibrand St. Drain 24.4.70." Company information: "General Descaling / Company / 1st Floor 66-68 Albert Road/ South Melbourne 3205 Victoria / Telephone 699 1455 / 699 1635."
- 20 Mar 2017 at 3:56PM