In c.1960, when the photograph was taken on which the postcard is based, both buildings were still owned by the Victorian Government and were a functioning police station and court house. In 1900, ownership of the post office had been transferred to the new Commonwealth Government. In the first decade of the twenty-first century, the police station and court house were offered for sale. They were subsequently purchased and renovated by the City of Boroondara. The Kew Historical Society raised over $5000,000 as a contribution to the restoration.
Kew Police Station at left and Kew Court House at right. Monochrome (copied) postcard showing two buildings which are part of a larger complex (once including a post office) built by the Government of Victoria in 1888. The buildings are located at the junction of High Street and Cotham Roads in Kew. The frontages shown face High Street.
Inscriptions & markings
"c.1960. Kew Police Station. High Street Frontage"