Object - The Visible
From the Collection of Vision Australia 454 Glenferrie Road Kooyong Victoria
- Cast iron Brailler. The body of the Braille writer is painted in black with silver and gold painted inscriptions. Seven metal oval keys are situated at the front of the machine. The roller for turning the paper is made from turned wood.
- H12 cm x W32 cm x D23 cm.
- b/c 1010167
- braille equipment
- Alfred Wayne & Co. produced a number of braille writers over the years, including The Visible.
- circa 1900
- Alfred Wayne & Co. (Maker)
- Marked: Painted on front of machine: "The visible/manufactured by/Alfred Wayne/Handsworth/Brimingham. England
- 12 Dec 2018 at 1:08PM