The inaugural meeting to form Harcourt Bowling Club was held in May 1955. Cr Ben Bingham donated half an acre of land in Bagshaw st Harcourt and the club acquired a small building from Blight's Quarry to serve as a clubhouse. The first day's play took place on 24th October 1959. New clubrooms were built in 1961 with the official opening of the Club held on Saturday 11th November 1961. The club became affilaited with Bendigo District Bowling Assocaition and, in 1966/67 won the Associated division 3 pennant.
; Depicts a group of men, the core ‘movers and shakers’ of the Harcourt community, in the course of their favourite recreation, Association champions in just the seventh year after formation..
Black and white photograph of fourteen men dressed in collar and tie, white trousers and dark blazers, each bearing the club name,
Inscriptions & markings
HARCOURT BOWLING CLUB B.D.B.A. PENNANT WINNER - DIVISION 3- SEASON 1966-67 and the names of each player.