Harcourt Football Club was formed in 188 and for the first two years played social games until joining the Castlemaine District League in 1891. However the club had to wait until 1937 for its first triumph.In 1951 the club joined the Bendigo Football association with reasonable success until it moved to the Maryborough Castlemaine League in 1970. The original guernsey worn by the players was maroon with maroon stockings and blue shorts. The colours were later changed to royal blue with a gold stripe. Originally called the Apple eaters, the club has adopted the name "lions" and continues to function successflly with the added spect of fielding a highly successful netball team.
Harcourt's first ever Australian Rules Football Premiership team.
A group photograph of team and officials. names of players, president, vice president, secretary, trainers, coach, steward are all recorded on the mounting of the photograph
Inscriptions & markings
Harcourt Football Club Premiers Castlemaine District F L 1937