Photograph - Cr. George Frederick Pedersen - Mayor 1941-2
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Framed portrait of a mayor of Kew. The mounting and framing of the photograph follows a typical layout or style in that each is framed in dark wood, glazed, and laid down on an inscribed board. The inscription identifies the name of the mayor and the year/s that he/she served.
- mayor of kew
- The Melbourne suburb of Kew gained independence from the Boroondara Roads Board in 1861, being declared a Municipality in that year. Kew became a Borough in 1863, a Town in 1910, and a City in 1921. The former City of Kew became part of a newly declared City of Boroondara in 1994. This framed photographic portrait of a mayor of Kew is part of an important series of eighty-three mayoral photographs covering the years 1863-1969. The set is an almost complete record of councillors who achieved the highest elected office in Kew. Many of the mayors were historically significant figures locally, statewide and nationally. The set of framed photographs is part of the Kew Historical Society's civic collection that informs knowledge and research about the history of local government in Kew.
- 23 May 2017 at 8:18PM