Ashtray - China
From the Collection of Victorian Maritime Centre 220 The Esplanade Crib Point Victoria
- Round China Ashtray, yellow with inscriptions. 4 x Emblems on side, lion's and kangaroo's.
- 7 X 12.5 X 2.5cm
- souvenir, cruise liners, merchant souvenir, orient steam navigation company
- The China ashtray was purchased sometime during a cruise by unknown person. It is part of a cruise liner collection by D Benson and Family over a period of years. D Benson sold part of the collection to the V.M.C who purchased the remaining part. It is a great source of information to visitors to the V.M.C. At the time of ocean liner holiday cruising, many people smoked cigarettes and purchased these souvenirs to keep or give away as gifts.
- Royal Doulton (Fine China Maker)
- (O.S.N.C) Orient Steam Navigation Company 3333
- 22 Jul 2017 at 5:21PM