Historical information

The Wycheproof Court House Opened 24-9-1890.The Law Department Closed the Court House during the 1980s. The building became the home of the Wycheproof Craft Group and then the Wycheproof And District Historical Society. Financial support from Heritage Victoria enabled interior renovations to be completed in 2007.


This is the only known photo of the Opening of the Wycheproof Court House. It is fragile and precious.

Physical description

Early days photo of large group of men standing proudly in front of the just constructed Wycheproof Court House in 1890.