Map - Map of Mitcham, Tunstall and Blackburn
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive Kew Victoria
- A map of Mitcham, Tunstall and Blackburn found on the reverse of a real estate subdivision plan published by R. L. Jarret of Elizabeth Street. This promotional street map is overprinted with the business location of the sponsors and advertising. Tunstall was originally the name of Nunawading Railway Station. Tunstall opened on 4 June 1888 and was renamed on 1 November 1945. The map is a useful reference point for the names of streets and the extent of subdivisions in this part of the eastern suburbs of Melbourne during the interwar period.
- H 280 x W 320 mm.
- An historically significant advertising map that can be used to ascertain the extent of urban development in 1929 in the areas of Nunawading, Blackburn and Mitcham.
- 18 Nov 2019 at 12:09AM