Film - A Weekend at Somers
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Green circular tin containing 10 inch reel in regular 8 mm film. B/W and sound. Tin has cover with details of film inside, including title, running time, and some credits. Inside the tin cover there is a place of showing list, starting at 24th of June 1965 at Legacy House Club Night.
- 273mm diameter by 28mm height.
- somers camp, junior legatees
- A black and white film about Legacy camps, that was first shown at Legacy Club Night, 24th June 1965, with 200 people present. Last shown at Legacy Somers Camp, 14th April 1967, with 120 present.
It is 23 min long and documents the routine and activities of a typical weekend at Somers, ending with a speech by Melbourne Legacy President I.W Anderson, who was President in 1964.
Commentary Geoff McComas, Photography Garry Jones.
The film has been digitised by DamSmart 6/11/2019.
- Rare footage of activities run by Melbourne Legacy for boys post WWII which indicates how many children Legacy cared for both in Victoria and nationally and shows the dedication of Legatees in providing this care
- Top of tin has cover with the following:
MELBOURNE LEGACY / “LEGACY HOUSE” / 293 Swanston Street, Melbourne, C.1
FILM / “A WEEKEND AT SOMERS” / Black and White - Running Time 20 mins.
Commentary by Geoff. McComas / Produced by B.C.J.P
Return to Executive Officer “Service to Widows of Ex-Servicemen and their Children”
- 16 Apr 2020 at 4:14PM