Film - Lord Dunrossil
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Cannister - metal, Spool - plastic, Film celluloid.
- Canister 182mm, Spool50mm, Film length unknown
- 7 mins 7 sec. 16mm B&W no sound.
Viscount Dunrossil was Governor General 1960-61. No sound. B/W. Demonstration for him and his wife by Legacy children at a primary school showing library,craft classes, exercise classes and woodworking. Both he and Lady Dunrossil interacted with the children, who appear overawed by their visitors and the fact that they were being filmed. There are also Legatees present. The girls wear a light coloured uniform with a Legacy logo embroidered onto the left hand side of the chest. The boys wear a shirt, tie and pullover. The lady who appears to be the headmistress is wearing a hat and gloves, whilst Lady Dunrossil wears hat, gloves and fur stole. 7 mins 17 secs.
- Legacy had a high profile in the community at the time, which is indicated by the Governor General attending a school which was educating Legacy children.
- Kodak Limited London, bottom of canister.
- 22 Jan 2020 at 2:29PM