From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Black and white photo of a junior Legatee in a wheelchair, white paper label attached.
- 175 x 130 mm
- junior legatee, fundraising
- In 1983 the Yarra Valley group purchased a wheel chair for Anne Smythe, a Junior Legatee, the donation was photographed by the Leader Newspaper group, so perhaps it was used in a promotional news story at the time. Was in an envelope marked P8 Junior Legatee photographs, including the text "Legatee Ravenscroft, Junior Legatee Smythe, Wheel chair".
- A record of the outcome of charitable donations and the positive impact on the life of a young Legatee.
- Photo has Legacy P8 in blue pen and stamped Copyright Leader newspapers in red ink.
Paper label says "Legatee Len Ravenscroft (President, Melbourne Legacy) and Legatee Ted Evans (President, Yarra Valley Group) present a Carter motorised wheelchair to Junior Legatee Anne Smythe. The chair, valued at over $3,500 was purchased by Yarra Valley Group of Melbourne Legacy. 1983" in black type.
Back of photo is stamped Copyright of Leader Newspaper Group in red ink.
- last Monday at 10:18PM