Foundation stone - Foundation stone of the Camberwell RSL laid by the GG Lord Forster on the 3 December 1921
From the Collection of Camberwell RSL Sub-Branch 403 Camberwell Road Camberwell Victoria
- Marble and Granite Foundation stone
- 30 x 22 cm
- First laid in 1921 at the Camberwell RSL in Canterbury Road Camberwell.
Relaided in 1978 on a wall of a unit at the Camberwell Council retirement home on the same site after the Camberwell RSL was demolished.
Discovered in 2017 by Peter Fielding and removed for rededication at the Camberwell RSL on the 100 centenary in 2019.
- Very significant historical piece.
- This stone was laid by
His Excellency the Governor General
Lord Forster PC. CCMG
on the 3rd December 1921 AD
- 19 Aug 2018 at 11:57AM