Postcard - A.B.C. Military Band - Conductor: Harry Shugg
From the Collection of Victorian Bands' League 2/157 Hyde Street Yarraville Victoria
- Rectangular black and white photograph printed on a postcard.
- L13.8cm - W8.8cm
- harry shugg, a.b.c military band, malvern tramways band, geelong harbour trust band, victorian bands' league, victorian bands' association
- The A.B.C. Band was formed in the early 1930's and performed for radio broadcasts and other events. Their Conductor Mr Harry Shugg was very famous in the banding community having previously conducted the Geelong Harbour Trust Band and at this time was conducting the Malvern Tramways Band. He was also active as an adjudicator of band competitions.
- ca. 1931
- The significance of this postcard is that it shows another aspect of the career of Harry Shugg and also the A.B.C. Military Band in its formative years.
- Front: A.B.C. Military Band - Conductor: Harry Shugg
Back: Post Card
Correspondence | Address
Australian Broadcasting Co. Ltd.
- 26 Jul 2018 at 8:38PM