Postcard - A.B.C. Military Band - Conductor: Harry Shugg
From the Collection of Victorian Bands' League 2/157 Hyde Street YARRAVILLE Victoria
- The postcard is rectangular in shape and has a black and white photo of the band in the center enclosed by a frame. The band is seated in playing formation with the conductor, Harry Shugg, standing in the center of the group. The band appears to be in a recording studio. The band is a full military band with a variety of instruments being held by the musicians. The postcard is in extremely good condition with only slight wear to the edges.
- L13.8cm - W8.8cm
- harry shugg, a.b.c military band, malvern tramways band, geelong harbour trust band, victorian bands' league, victorian bands' association
- The A.B.C. Band was formed in the early 1930's and performed for radio broadcasts and other events. Their Conductor Mr Harry Shugg was very famous in the banding community having previously conducted the Geelong Harbour Trust Band and at this time was conducting the Malvern Tramways Band. He was also active as an adjudicator of band competitions.
- c. 1931
- The significance of this postcard is that it shows another aspect of the career of Harry Shugg and also the A.B.C. Military Band in its formative years.
- Front: A.B.C. Military Band - Conductor: Harry Shugg
Back: Post Card
Correspondence | Address
Australian Broadcasting Co. Ltd.
- 2 Jul 2018 at 1:36PM