Programme - 1938 Australian Championship Band Contest : Official Programme (incorporating the Bandsman's yearbook)
From the Collection of Victorian Bands' League 2/157 Hyde Street Yarraville Victoria
- Programme printed in A5 size
- H 21.5cm - L 14cm, 80 pages
- band association nsw, queensland band association, south australian band association, victorian bands' league, western australian band association, brass band association of new zealand
- This programme was printed for the 1938 Australian Championship Band Contest and incorporates the Bandsman's Yearbook. This was the year of Australia's 150th Celebrations and this contest was held in Sydney. It contains a wealth of information not only from a National level but also articles and results from State competitions. There are also short essays, obituaries, articles of interest, advertisements and other material that is interesting from a historical perspective.
- This programme is unique in the information that it contains, the photographs and other historical information. It provides a record of bands that existed during this time as well as a multitude of competition results.
- 11 Aug 2018 at 2:54PM