The Kew Historical Society, founded in 1958, is one of the oldest continuing historical societies in the Greater Melbourne region. For over 60 years, the Society has worked with local government and other community organisations to stimulate interest in Kew’s history and heritage. Over this period, the Society has regularly held heritage walking tours in the district including at the Boroondara General (Kew) Cemetery. This and other photos taken in the same year are examples of a walking tour held for members of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria.
One of a series of photographs of a guided tour of the cemetery, led by members of the Kew Historical Society for members of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria.
Inscriptions & markings
Reverse: "1977. ?Outside Cemetery. Far left Mrs J Stewart Secretary KHS 1876-78 / Marshall Slattery President of Kew Historical Society / Mr Greer Member of Society / Mr Cothill Member of Royal Historical Society."