Photo - Buffalo River South State school
From the Collection of Myrtleford and District Historical Society 29 Elgin Street Myrtleford Victoria
- Rectangular beige stained cardboard with an inserted emboss border surrounding a Sepia color photo.
- 24.w x 19 H
- myrtleford,victoria,buffalo river, school, fletcher 1913
- 1913 School photo of Buffalo River South State School. The school was 21 Km south of Myrtleford.
1913 Five members of the Fletcher family attended the school :
Middle Row: Agnes (far left),Elizabeth(3rd from left ) Bruce (2nd from Right)Jeanette (far right),
Front Row: Jean (2nd from left) Head Master: Mr Septimus Elmore
Reference from 'Recollections IV ' (The Myrtleford & district Historical Society Inc February 2011)
- F.Foxcroft (Creator)
- School photo of a remote school which was greatly impacted by fluctuating enrollments ,threatening its ongoing existence. the importance of numbers from single Family.
clothes worn at this time
- Buffalo River S.S. School.
F.Foxcroft photo Bright
- 2 Oct 2018 at 2:47PM