The School Paper - "The School Papers" 1937
From the Collection of Myrtleford and District Historical Society 29 Elgin Street Myrtleford Victoria
- A brown hard cover folder containing monthly reading material for both Grades 7 and 8 during 1937. Each leaflet is preserved in the folder by inserting through cotton/linen threads.
- H 26 x D18 mm
- primary schools, rural schools, learning materials
- These School Papers, numbers 431 to 440, were distributed to pupils on a monthly basis beginning in 1896, as extra reading material in addition to the Victorian Reader. The owner, Millie Crameri (nee Rae) was a pupil at Gapsted State School Number 2241.
During the 1960s the form of The School Papers changed into 3 grades of readers:Meteor, Comet and Orbit.
- Published by The Education Department of Victoria in 1937 (Creator)
- A complete example of a 20th century textbook used in a rural school with insights into course content and learning modes of that time.Of local significance because Millie Crameri was a well known local identity. There is a sticker inside the front cover with Millie's name and details inscribed, presumably in her own handwriting.
- FORDITE embossed on the front cover.
- 2 Oct 2018 at 2:48PM