Jumper, Wool bale packaging
From the Collection of National Wool Museum 26 Moorabool Street Geelong Victoria
- Synthetic miniature wool bale packaging containing jumper. Miniature wool bale features two stenciled design with black ink. First stencil reads "Pure Australian Wool" with Woolmark logo. Second stencil reads "A Gift From Geelong Wool Combing GWC". Small tag on bottom right corner reads "XL". Has two removable staples closing top opening.
Woolen Jumper inside contains red, mustard, green and cream colours depicting Indigenous artwork.
- Height 30 cm, width 23 cm, depth 16.5 cm
- Stanley Couzens of the Wathourong community was commissioned by Geelong Wool Combing Ltd to create a painting of the You Yangs and Corio Bay to be reproduced on a jumper. The jumper itself was designed by Jeni McMahon using Merino wool from her property McMahon Farm Pty Ltd. Jumper and miniature wool bale packaging were presented as a gift at the opening of the Geelong Wool Combing Ltd
- Geelong Wool Combing (Creator)
- Features two stenciled design with black ink. First stencil on front reads "A Gift From/ GWC/ Geelong Wool Combing ".
Second stencil on back reads "Pure/ Australian/ Wool" with Woolmark logo above.
Small tag on bottom right corner reads "XL".
- 16 Oct 2018 at 1:40PM