From the Collection of National Wool Museum 26 Moorabool Street Geelong Victoria
- Tartan rug with cream base, featuring pattern with blue, black, green, yellow and red believed to be the Dress Stewart tartan pattern. RS&S label stitched on back of one corner. Label has stitched signature of John Monash. Two of the ends are tasseled. Appears used with several stains and small holes.
Reverse of rug is free of design with solitary light brown colour
- Length 193 cm, width 153 cm Depth 1 cm
- wool, rs&s, reutrned soldiers and sailors mill, rug, quilt, blanket, john monash, the dress stewart, world war one, world war two, tartan
- Made by the Returned Soldiers & Sailors Mill in Geelong, post-1924. Rug was given to NWM from another museum in Western Australia
- Post 1924
- Returned Soldiers and Sailors Mill (Creator )
- Bottom left front corner has label which reads "THE/ Dress Stewart"
On rear of same corner has label which reads "THE GEELONG R.S & S WOOLLEN MILLS/ PURE/ WOOL/ THE John Monash RUG
- 16 Oct 2018 at 1:42PM