Leopoldine Mimovich was born in 1920, in Neumarkt in the Italian Tyrol. In 1940, aged 20, she moved to Vienna where she studied clay modelling and drawing. From 1943 she attended the School of Wood Sculpture in Hallstatt, graduating in 1947. Following her marriage to Ljubisa Mimovich, the couple migrated to Australia in 1949 travelling on MV Skaugum. After an initial period at Bonegilla and Royal Park Migrant Hostels the couple moved to Yarraville and then to 33 Miller Road, Kew, where she established her studio. A wood sculptor, painter and etcher, she was awarded an OAM for services to the arts in 1985. Examples of her sculptures in Kew can be found in the Kew Library and in the Alexandra Gardens.
Black and white photograph of sculpture or sculptures by Leopoldine Mimovich photographed in her home at 31 Miller Grove, Kew