Photograph - First XI, Kew Cricket Club, 1911
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- The first cricket club in Kew in was formed in 1863, and played its matches in Wellington Street, then later in O’Shaughnessy’s Paddock. In the early 1870s, a second club was formed and played at Victoria Park. The Kew Cricket Club gained its permanent name in 1888-89. This photo is of the first eleven in 1911. Standing left with bat: George Twycross; standing right: Albert Clements; Seated third on right: Albert Watson.
- kew cricket club (vic), sport - kew - victoria
- 6 Nov 2018 at 2:06PM