Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Manuscripts - Visitor Books (3), Fairyland, 1949-1950

From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria

3 manuscripts, part of a larger donation forming the Rogers Collection, donated by the sons of Dorothy Rogers after her death in 1973. The pads record the names and comments of children and adults to a tourist attraction named Fairyland in Malmsbury Street, Kew.
Object Registration
jim tabulo, grace tabulo, 67 malmsbury street (kew), fairyland, tourism - kew - 1945-1965, gardens - kew (vic)
Historical information
Fairyland, the home and garden of Jim and Grace Tabulo was a major local, state and international tourist attraction from the 1940s to the mid 1960s.
When Made
These are amongst the earliest primary sources relating to the internationally renowned 'Fairyland' cottage in Malmsbury Street, Kew. Their social significance is that they record in the immediate post war period the values and beliefs of children and adults who visited this historically significant tourist attraction.
Last updated
6 Nov 2018 at 10:46PM