Reference File - Horse Trough & Hitching Post [Kew]
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive Kew Victoria
- Correspondence and published articles relating to the horse trough and hitching post outside the gates of the Boroondara General Cemetery. The earliest item of correspondence is a typed and signed letter from the historian Dorothy Rogers to Mrs West, Secretary of the Kew Historical Society, dated 13 Feb 1966. It relates to transport, including horse trams that travelled through Kew. Another letter from B F Bade in 1986 identifies the hitching post as having been once located outside the old Kew Town Hall in Walpole Street, and dating from 1907. The latter was acquired in 1987 and installed in 1988 during the Bicentennial. The horse trough was originally located on this site and restored in 1988.
- A4 Vertical File
- kew historical society - archives, kew - history, boroondara general (kew) cemetery, george bills, annis bills, horse transport - melbourne
- Since its foundation in 1958, members of the Kew Historical Society have been compiling and storing information about subjects relating to the history of Kew and its environs, of which this file is an example. Typically files will contain primary and secondary sources.
- 26 May 2020 at 12:34AM