Memorial Plaque - Cr. Sir Henry de C. Kellett Bart., 1924
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Bronze funeral plaque commemorating the life and death of Sir Henry de Castres Kellett, who was killed in a traffic accident in 1924. The plaque bears an extensive dedication and is mounted on a wooden mount that was previously attached to a wall in the Walpole Street [Kew] Town Hall .
- sir henry de castres kellett, mayors of kew (vic), councillors of kew (vic)
- The plaque to Henry Kellett was originally mounted in the vestibule of the Kew Town Hall in Walpole Street
- Mr E. Cousins (Maker)
- The plaque was once part of the Municipal Collection of the former City of Kew and was presented to the Kew Historical Society before the move from the Walpole Street (Kew) Town Hall to new Civic offices in Charles Street in 1971.
- "City of Kew Victoria [logo] / Erected in Memory of / Cr. Sir Henry de C. Kellett Bart. / Accidentally Killed Whilst Engaged / On Municipal Duty 20th June 1924 / A Tribute to His Faithful Service as / Councillor for Forty Years 19884-1924"
- 5 Jan 2019 at 12:39AM