Dress - Purple Rayon Dress / by Scotchco of Melbourne, 1940s
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive Kew Victoria
- Plum coloured single piece dress, belted at the waist, with a belt covered with the same fabric. It has pearl buttons. The dress was retailed by Scotchco of Melbourne
- australian fashion - 1950s, melbourne fashion designers - scotchco of melbourne, women's clothing, day dresses
- The Fashion & Textiles collections of Kew Historical Society include a number of textiles, as well as women’s, men’s, children’s and infants’ clothing from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. Textiles include items manufactured or created in the United Kingdom as well as in Australia. As other cultures opened to Australian travellers in the 20th century, members began collecting and donating textiles produced in a number of other countries. Fashion (or clothing/costumes) in the collection was essentially produced for, or purchased by women in Melbourne, and includes examples of outerwear, protective wear, nightwear, underwear and costume accessories.
Historically significant and well-provenanced donations to the Fashion & Textiles Collection were made by Mabel Isola Grattan (Coombs Collection), Netta Fuller, Jillian Rigby (Weir Collection) and Dione McIntyre (McIntyre Collection). In 2018, the National Library of Australia funded a significance assessment of the Fashion Collection. The assessment confirmed the significance of particular items, as well as the collection overall.
- Scotchco of Melbourne (Maker)
- Label: Scotchco of Melbourne
- Friday at 2:20PM