From the Collection of Ballarat RSL Sub-Branch Inc. 330 Heinz Lane Invermay Park Victoria
- Tough rectangular, flat, khaki coloured fabric and rubber bag. There is a rubber pipe at the top, right corner. There is a fabric flap at the base of this pipe which holds the pipe in a bent position. There are also inscriptions on the front/centre of the bag.
- Bag: 355mm wide x 220mm high. Pipe: 55mm high x 26mm wide (folded)
- floatation bladder, floatation device, world war two, ww2, wwii, second world war
- This floatation bladder was made for survival whilst crossing rivers and streams. The device would have been inserted into clothing and the user would have blown air into the pipe. The pipe would have been folded in half and held in place to prevent air from escaping.
- B.F. Goodrich Co. (Maker)
- The following inscriptions are at the front/cente of the bag, printed in red. The very last inscriptions ('M. KNAUSS') are printed in dark purple.
'BLADDER, FLOATATION, JUNGLE'
'THE B.F. GOODRICH CO.'
'CONTRACT W669QM21639 9-30-42'
'SPECIFICATION P.Q.D. 243'
'STOCK NO. 74-B-303'
'PHILADELPHIA QUARTERMASTER DEPOT'
- 14 Feb 2019 at 12:54PM