Gas mask US
From the Collection of Ballarat RSL Sub-Branch Inc. 330 Heinz Lane Invermay Park Victoria
- Khaki colour gas mask constructed from cylindrical tin with open valve filter, attached to a plastic mask which attaches to the face with adjustable canvas straps. Mask includes two circular cut outs with plastic windows with valve on left hand side.
- 83 mm diameter of cannister, 250 mm height x 170 mm width
- gas mask, equipment, civilian, gas warfare, second world war, world war two, world war ii, mustard gas, chemical warfare
- Gas mask similar in style to 1339.1, possibly dating from the 1940s. This mask and associated case were intended for noncombatant use i.e. for use by civilians during wartime.
- Cambridge University Press (Maker)
- Printed instructions on canister. “MED ADULT” embossed on top centre of the mask component. On interior of mask, “US MI/LOT/7 3SC.”
- 11 Feb 2019 at 7:43PM