Costume - Wedding Dress, Swiss Guipure Lace, 1969
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- White slim line lace wedding dress, featuring eleven self-covered buttons down centre back Off centre rear opening done up by metal press studs. The dress has a silk satin lining and netting underskirt.
- 150 cm neck to floor
- wedding dress, bridal frock, hartnell of melbourne, golda whelan
- Golda Whelan, a designer with Hartnell of Melbourne designed this frock for her daughter Liane Whelan. Liane married John Merry at St John's Anglican Church in Toorak in 1969
- Hartnell of Melbourne (manufacturer)
- The dress was manufactured in the 'house' of Hartnell of Melbourne, a leading Melbourne Fashion House in the 1950s and the 1960s.
- 20 Feb 2019 at 3:30PM