Archaeological Materials - Inscribed Moreton Bay Fig Leaves, Hawthorn (Vic)
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Dried Moreton Bay fig leaves from the vicinity of Palmer's Punt near Denham Street Hawthorn. Each leaf was inscribed by the historian Dorothy Rogers (sic) before 1973. The leaves are brittle and undated, with the text difficult to decipher.
- denham street - hawthorn (vic), palmer's punt, invergowrie - hawthorn, 1934 flood - melbourne - hawthorn (vic)
- Dorothy Rogers (creator)
- 1974.0010.1 "Moreton Bay fig leaf from old tree foot of Derham St Haw - vicinity Palmer's Punt until 1934 flood & hut for Punt passengers was still there. KH-355."
1974.0010.2 "Moreton Bay fig leaf from old tree foot of Denham St haw - vicinity Palmer's Punt until 1934 flood hut for punt passengers still existed there. A canoe tree in garden from Sir J. Palmer's land. KH-355."
1974.0010.3 "Moreton Bay fig leaf from old tree foot of Denham St leading to Palmer's Punt until 1934 flood there was still there a hut for punt passengers. Canoe tree in gardens from Sir J. Palmer's land. KH-355."
- 5 Mar 2019 at 10:14PM