Photograph - Entrance to ‘Southesk’, Cotham Road, Kew (dem. 1970)
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- A colour enlargement of the entrance to ‘Southesk’. Formerly known as ‘Ordsall’, the house was built for John Halfey in 1882 on the corner of Cotham Road and Charles Street. This Italianate mansion was built in the Renaissance villa style on a bluestone plinth. The picture provides photographic evidence of the tiling on the veranda and the typically arched doorway. The neon sign above the door was added during the period when it was owned by the City of Kew (1948-70).
- 22 x 32 cm
- david carnegie, john halfey, southesk - cotham road - kew (vic), ordsall - cotham road - kew (vic)
- Colour enlargement of a photograph (slide) of Southesk (formerly Ordsall) in Cotham Road, Kew (demolished 1970).
- 2 May 2019 at 12:20AM