Document, programme - Annual ANZAC Commemoration Ceremony for Students 1995
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Printed brochure of the student Anzac ceremony with a photo of two junior Legatees at the Cenotaph, single page folded into 3.
- 250 x 150 mm
- anzac commemoration for students, wreath laying ceremony
- A circular sent to Victorian schools informing them of the 1995 annual "Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for Students", held on 5th April 1995. The ceremony provides a valuable opportunity for students to gain an appreciation of the Anzac spirit, the significance of the Shrine and the meaning of Anzac Day.
The 6 pages outline the order of service of the ceremony, some background notes on the ANZAC Commemorations, a short history of the Shrine of Remembrance, a story of Legacy and a letter from D.R. Millie, the President of Melbourne Legacy. It mentions the ceremony is telecast on the ABC television channels. They mention is it a 'Circular to Victorian Colleges and Schools' so they were sent to school to publicise the events. There is a letter to the school Principal from the President of Legacy inviting the schools to attend or to listen to the telecast. Each ceremony was attended by the Governor of Victoria, in 1995 it was Sir Richard McGarvie.
- A record of a ceremony at the Shrine for school students.
- Circular to All Victorian Colleges and Schools. 64th Annual Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for Students.
- 2 Apr 2019 at 4:34PM