Army Battle Jacket
From the Collection of Wangaratta RSL Sub Branch 1 Victoria Parade Wangaratta Victoria
- Short jacket with shoulder epaulets made from khaki material with blue lanyard
- raeme, battle jacket, army
- Item belonged to Lieutenant Leonard V. GREAVES 310387. Blue lanyard and shoulder patches indicate GREAVES served with the Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (RAEME)
- The Royal Corps of Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (RAEME) is a corps of the Australian Army that has responsibility for the maintenance and recovery of all Army electrical and mechanical equipment. RAEME has members from both the Australian Regular Army and the Army Reserve.
Prior to being given the title of 'Royal', the Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (AEME) were raised on 1 December 1942. Some 64 years later, on 1 December 2006, the last independent RAEME Workshop was disbanded. RAEME soldiers continue in their role to provide support through attachment to other units in Tech Support Troops, Sections or Platoons.
- Shoulder patch - Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- last Thursday at 2:57PM