Photo, Ceremony at the Shrine
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Black and white photo x 2 of an Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for students at the Shrine.
- 145 x 110 mm
- anzac commemoration for students, wreath laying ceremony
- A Legacy ceremony at the Shrine of Remembrance. One of the annual "Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for Students" events, usually held just prior to ANZAC Day. The ceremony provides a valuable opportunity for students to gain an appreciation of the Anzac spirit, the significance of the Shrine and the meaning of Anzac Day. The year is unknown but barricades and flagpole are similar to the 1945 photos.
The photos are an aerial view of the crowd and the flagpole, with the Australian flag at half mast, as viewed from the Shrine balcony.
Items were in an envelope with other photos and programmes from different School Student ceremonies. Labelled S15 in red pen it was part of an old archive numbering system, that showed there has been efforts in the past to collect, order and save items of Legacy's history.
- A record of a ceremony for school students at the Shrine.
- Stamped with purple copyright stamp of The Age and The Leader.
- 3 May 2019 at 12:00PM