Photo, Ceremony at the Shrine
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Black and white photo of an Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for students at the Shrine in 1970.
- 220 x 165 mm
- anzac commemoration for students, wreath laying ceremony
- A Legacy ceremony at the Shrine of Remembrance. One of the annual "Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for Students" events, usually held just prior to ANZAC Day. The ceremony provides a valuable opportunity for students to gain an appreciation of the Anzac spirit, the significance of the Shrine and the meaning of Anzac Day.
It is a photo of the children with floral wreaths on the steps of the Shrine in 1970.
Item was in an envelope with other photos and programmes from different School Student ceremonies. Labelled S15 in red pen it was part of an old archive numbering system, that showed there has been efforts in the past to collect, order and save items of Legacy's history.
- A record of a ceremony for school students at the Shrine.
- Photo is stamped with the Copyright of the Herald and Weekly Times in light blue ink. Stamped "The Property of Legacy' in purple ink. Date '24-4-70' written in blue pen.
- 3 May 2019 at 12:00PM