Photo, Ceremony at the Shrine
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Black and white photo of an Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for students at the Shrine in 1971.
- 260 x 205 mm
- anzac commemoration for students, wreath laying ceremony
- A Legacy ceremony at the Shrine of Remembrance. One of the annual "Anzac Commemoration Ceremony for Students" events, usually held just prior to ANZAC Day. The ceremony provides a valuable opportunity for students to gain an appreciation of the Anzac spirit, the significance of the Shrine and the meaning of Anzac Day.
It is a photo of the troops marching past the steps of the Shrine while school children watch.
Item was in an envelope with other photos and programmes from different School Student ceremonies. Labelled S15 in red pen it was part of an old archive numbering system, that showed there has been efforts in the past to collect, order and save items of Legacy's history.
- A record of a ceremony for school students at the Shrine.
- Photo is stamped '23 April 1971 in blue ink. Handwritten 'You are here' with an arrow and star, in blue pen.
- 3 May 2019 at 11:59AM