Cosmetics - Michel Lipstick, Packet of One Dozen, 1940-1955
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc Level 1, Kew Court House 188 High Street Kew Victoria
- Pack of Michel lipsticks, containing 10 of the 12 original lipsticks. The colour is cyclamen.
- cosmetics, lipsticks, michel - dha laboratories pty ltd
- Michel lipsticks were created by an American company led by Georgette Michel which regularly advertised their products in women's magazines in the 1940s and 1950s. The lipsticks were manufactured [under licence?] by DHA Laboratories (Drug Houses Australia) Pty Ltd which had been established In 1930, as a holding company combining Bickford's with a number of similar Australian companies representing all states except Tasmania. Most items produced by DHA Laboratories were pharmaceuticals. It is not known whether the holding company manufactured other cosmetics apart from the Michel line.
- Michel - DHA (Laboratories) Pty Ltd (Maker)
- Exterior of packet: "Michel Lipstick / Stays on longer / Manufactured by D.H.A. Laboratories Pty Ltd, Melbourne | Regd Users of Trademark / One dozen Popular size"
- 12 Jul 2019 at 11:30AM