Stop the ABCC: Turnbull's War on Workers (bumper sticker)
From the Collection of Unions Ballarat 24 Camp Street Ballarat Victoria
- Bumper sticker: colour picture of Malcolm Turnbull; red and white lettering.
- 20.32x7 cm
- btlc, ballarat trades hall, ballarat trades and labour council, cfmeu, turnbull, malcolm, prime ministers - australia, liberal party australia, abcc, australian building and construction commission, industrial relations, cfmmeu, construction, forestry, maritime, mining and energy union, construction, forestry, mining and energy union, trade unions - australia
- The ABCC (Australian Building and Construction Commission) was first created during the government of John Howard (LNP). The ABCC claims to, "ensuring that building work in Australia is carried out fairly, efficiently and productively—for the benefit of all employers and workers in the industry, and for the benefit of the Australian economy as a whole." Conversely, the organisation has been claimed by unions and workers to be anti-union and detrimental to the working conditions of employees. A fact sheet from the CFMMEU is attached to this entry.
Malcolm Turnbull was Prime Minister from 2015 to 2018. He became Prime Minister after deposing Tony Abbott, in a leadership challenge. The bumper sticker was produced by CFMMEU during the Turnbull Prime Ministership (2015-2018).
The CFMMEU is one of the largest unions; membership coverage includes construction, forestry, maritime, mining, energy, textile, clothing and footwear production.
- CFMEU (Maker)
- Relevant to government, industrial relations and trade unions in Australia.
- Stop the ABCC: Turnbull's War on Workers
Subtext: exploits workers; destroys jobs; lies; attacks safety; ignores big business; union bashing; CFMEU.
- 9 Aug 2019 at 3:04PM