Document - Proforma Draft (H47)
From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- White foolscap paper with black type x 9 pages of a report to President Foskett (1972) in response to his request for information on the early history of Legacy, the author is unknown.
- history, founding legatee
- A draft of a report that was compiled in response to a request for any information on the early history of Legacy. The author is unknown but it was addressed to President Foseltt - meaning it was 1972. It could have been in the 1960s when Sid Birrell was forming an archive, or the archive project by Frank Doolan in early 1970s.
The first page outlines the intended content:
1 Origin of Legacy and main purpose
2 How Legacy got it's name
3 Who suggested the name Legacy
4 First welfare work undertaken to aid widows
5 Debt to L/ Doolan and decision to undertake care of children
6 & 7 Efforts to obtain widows' trust
8 Date and change to Legacy's main work
9 Retirement of Frank Selleck
10 First boys' Christmas camp
11 First public fundraising to fund building permanent camp at Somers
12 Debt to L/ Kemsley
13 Anzac commemoration committee
14 Fundamental change to aims and objectives.
The notation H49 in blue pen shows that it was part of the 1970s archive project that was trying to capture the history of Legacy.
- A detailed summary of the history and early work of Legacy.
- Handwritten H47 in blue pen.
- 7 May 2020 at 9:31AM