From the Collection of Melbourne Legacy 293 Swanston Street Melbourne Victoria
- Black and white photo of Queen Elizabeth and L/ Joynt in 1977 and 2 typed sheets, black and white.
- 125 x 175 mm; 204 x 93 mm; 204 x 234 mm
- royal visit
- Part of a photo album (Cat.No. 01588), showing Donovan Joynt and Queen Elizabeth II reading from a pamphlet he is holding. Another copy of this photo is marked as 17 March 1977, it is believed to when the Queen visited Royal Park. It is unknown who the veteran on the right is.
Queen Elizabeth visited Melbourne as part of her Silver Jubilee tour of Australia and attended a children's rally in Royal Park wearing this outfit. A crowd of 18,000 people greeted her. Footage of the visit can be seen in National Film and Sound Archive of Australia (NSFA-ID 44325).
The typed sheets were composed to mark Joynt's 88th birthday with a full account of the actions which won him the Victoria Cross, and was extracted from the book "1914-1918 - War Services of Old Melburnians".
- Part of the collection of material held by Melbourne Legacy on a prominent Australian.
- Stamped on the back of the photograph "Copyright The Herald & Weekly Times Ltd., Melbourne Australia. Not to be reproduced or displayed without written permission."
- 8 Nov 2019 at 11:23AM